10 tips for boudoir ready hair
Victoria’s Secret model hair is synonymous with boudoir hair. We even say their models all have bedroom hair. I’m not sure about you but my hair never looks like that in the bedroom. Mine looks more like I’ve been caught out in a storm and maybe a family of birds is hiding in it. Of course for your boudoir session your want your hair to be gorgeous, big sexy hair, not bird nest hair. I’ve compiled a list, my top 10 tips, for making sure your hair is ready to be styled perfectly bedroomy in your pictures.
- Share hair styles you like with your photographer and/or stylist prior to coming in for your session. Pinterest has great ideas for this.
- If you color your hair, be sure to touch up your color 2 weeks to 3 days before your session. To early and you could have root re-growth, too late and you might have color residue on your scalp.
- Don’t try a totally new look right before your photo shoot. If you hate the hair cut you won’t love it in the pictures either. Keep it simple with your pre-session trim.
- Send your photographer and/or stylist a recent selfie with your hair down so they can get an idea of what sorts of styles may look best on you.
- Use your favorite deep conditioning masque or hair treatment the week of your photo session.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drinking your water in the weeks leading up to your session can help everything from your skin and hair to your energy level. Stay hydrated!
- Eat your fruits and veggies friend! Nourish your hair from the inside out. Not willing to eat your veggies? You may want to consider taking a multivitamin then.
- If you have dry, flaky, scalp be sure to wash your hair more regularly. If that doesn’t work you may want to use a dandruff shampoo in the weeks leading up to your session. If you have any questions or concerns about the styling process please feel free to ask me. I’ll do my best to answer. If you have a medical concern about your hair, flaking that won’t stop for example, be sure to speak with your dermatologist for suggestions.
- The day of your session arrive at the studio with clean, completely dry, hair.
- Relax and get ready to feel glamorous and look amazing.
Richmond boudoir is a boudoir photography studio in Richmond, VA. Schedule your no obligation consultation today click HERE for my contact page.